Wednesday, March 16, 2011

STYLE ICON EDITH HEAD

  When I think of  style I think of FASHION ICON-DESIGNER Edith Head.  She was an american costume designer who had a long career in hollywood.  I loved her work with Audrey Hepburn for the movie"Roman Holiday"...during her long career she garnered 8 academy awards from 1948 until 1966 more than any other woman in history.  Ms. Head was able to connect the movie script with the actor which produced a timeless creation. Edith Head's design's were work's of art- not just clothing to cover your body- they added a feeling of glamor and confidence. I fondly remember seeing pictures of  her in those trademark tented eyeglasses. How wonderful to see a resurgence of old hollywood on the runway. Let's all ESCAPE TO STYLE....



1 comment:

  1. Your mentioned of Edith is ironic as I am reading a great article about her in the March 18 issue of The Hollywood Reporter.

    ReplyDelete